Flat6Labs Bahrain, one of the key pillars of support for the Kingdom’s emerging startups, has officially kicked off the third cycle of its flagship acceleration program.
The new cycle includes six promising startups who will each get $32K in investment in addition to gaining access to a comprehensive four-month training and mentorship program. As always, Flat6Labs Bahrain is deploying a high-caliber team of trainers, mentors, and coaching staff to ensure that the participating startups become well versed with the intrinsic details of running a successful business.
Those perks are just the proverbial tip of the iceberg, though. All six startups, once they graduate the program, will be entitled to a host of direct and indirect benefits that will help them further develop and grow their business.
“Having launched in Bahrain in 2018, we have a mandate to complete 6 cycles within a 3-year time frame. We have now successfully reached the halfway point with the launch of our third cycle, having graduated 16 startups thus far with several of them significantly increasing their valuation and securing further funding after joining Flat6Labs. We are proud to welcome our third cohort and look forward to working with them and supporting the flourishment of their businesses in Bahrain,” Ryaan Sharif, the Managing Director of Flat6Labs Bahrain, said on the occasion.
As for the six startups to have made it to the third cohort, kudos to them. It was an intense competition as more than 200 startups from all over the world applied to be a part of the program this season. Only 17 of them were handpicked for a rigorous boot camp that took place earlier this April.
Tamkeen Chief Executive Dr Ebrahim Mohammed Janahi hailed the successful progress of this acceleration programme.
“We are delighted to be part of this initiative, which offers startups and entrepreneurs a thorough business training with global models, best practices and market solutions for their continuous success,” he said.
Based on a range of factors including their performance throughout the boot camp, only six of these 17 startups were shortlisted for the third cycle of the acceleration program. Collectively, they represent a diverse range of sectors including Artificial Intelligence, HealthTech ,FoodTech, EdTech, E-Services, and Online Recruitment.
The six startups that have been selected are:
- Foaps: A platform used for F&B enterprises to sell on multiple online food delivery apps, all in one place. It easily integrates third party delivery apps into one platform to receive and manage orders in one place.
- Articbot: An enterprise grade chatbot powered by conversational AI designed to improve customer support experience and increase conversation rates.
- Weyak: A platform that delivers prescriptions to patients, and provides doctors with a virtual pharmacy, closing the gap between doctors and pharmacies.
- Majra: A platform with a mission to reduce youth unemployment, by giving job-seekers a chance to find a better fit with company culture, and to build a career based on passion and fulfilment.
- Springring: A communication tool that brings school admin, teachers, students, and parents into one unified platform for formal & informal communications.
- Smartwashr: A mobile application that is used to book laundry cleaning, pickup & delivery, with quality guaranteed.
Mahmood Zeyad, Founder of Majra said, “We’re excited to be a part of the third cycle of Flat6labs, the timing is just right for Majra as we scale across the region. Our hopes is that by the end of the cycle, Majra can become a regional startup with a refined product with the help from the Flat6labs team!”
Flat6Labs Bahrain is currently accepting applications for Cycle 4, looking for entrepreneurs from around the globe with innovative ideas! If you’re interested, apply now here.