The Sas Center for Entrepreneurship under Oman’s Information and Technology Authority recently hosted the AIM Startup Competition featuring 16 high-potential startups. After an intense on-stage rivalry in front of a passionate crowd and a panel of experts, only five startups were shortlisted for the final round of the global version of the competition.
These five startups will now compete against more than 500 startups from all across the world in the final round, to be held in Dubai. They are:
- Fast Movers, an online marketplace for tracks.
- Tely Pay, a FinTech startup specializing in e-payment services.
- Zayr Host, a startup focused on providing hosting services to international visitors.
- Adeeb Kids, an ed-tech platform that offers interactive programs for young children.
- Pocket Garage, a car maintenance services provider.
Apart from gaining access to a global platform to demonstrate their innovations and business potential, the winning startups will also get a cash reward of $50,000.
Launched in 2017 as an initiative of the UAE’s Ministry of Economy, AIM Startup aims to provide a platform for startups and entrepreneurs from across the region to network, build relationships with important stakeholders, raise capital, and expand to new markets.