Seedstars World, the world’s largest startup competition in emerging markets, works by sending Seedstars Teams around the world scouting for the best early-stage startups in 65+ countries.
A winner is selected from each country they visit and is invited to attend one of the five regional summits to network with investors, mentors, and corporates. Local winners are given a chance to represent their countries at the Seedstars Summit, the flagship event and competition’s final that happens in Switzerland, where startups compete for up to $500,000 in investment.
Seedstars selected Bahraini startup Hayatech as one of the 7 MENA finalists that will go on to the next and final stage of the competition.
Hayatech is a B2B, Software as a Service (SAAS) and connected hardware platform that aims to build an ecosystem around wellness.
Hayatech and the six other startups will represent the region at the Seedstars Summit 2020 in Lausanne, Switzerland, and battle for the title of the Seedstars Global Winner, and win up to USD 500,000 in equity investment and other prizes.
The other regional winners are;
- Kenz, Palestine, Kenz is an e-commerce business, based in Palestine, specializing in and selling curated collections of women’s lingerie and pajamas to the Gulf markets.
- Otaxi, Oman, Distribute the land transportation business in Oman
- Hospitalia, Cairo, Hospitalia is a one-stop revolutionary integrated healthcare platform dedicated to home healthcare services for geriatrics.
- Quantum, Saudi Arabia, Quantum is a data-driven targeted sampling platform. Where it aims to digitize the sampling industry and help make it more accurate.
- Optiyol, Turkey, Optiyol helps freight and passenger transportation fleets for smarter route schedules that reduce costs and improve on-time performance.
- Ebutler, One App for any service you need with the tap of a button. Find reliable providers for 300+ services covering every aspect of your life.
StartUp Bahrain spoke to Hayatech on their win and here’s what they had to say “Hayatech is humbled by our recent win at the MENA Regional Seedstars Summit, Casablanca and proud to be making an impact whilst representing the vibrant Bahrain startup ecosystem. We look forward to continuing to represent Bahrain in the upcoming Global Seedstars Summit, Switzerland.”.
The founders continued by saying, “Platforms such as StartUp Bahrain, Tamkeen, Brinc, and Seedstars are the facilitators for each and every startup to unlock the true potential of their vision. At Hayatech, we truly believe our journey will continue to be shaped by the effective and robust policies of our local and international ecosystem. It is through our focus on impact and purpose that we seek to unlock sustainable value creation and remain at the forefront of connected, technology-enabled wellness.”
Congratulations to Hayatech! We wish you all the best.