The Bahrain Technology Week Pavilion is right around the corner. It’s going to be an action-packed and bean-bag-filled week brimming with tech and startup related activities, from panel discussions and pitch competitions to inspirational speaking sessions and much more. The Technology Week Pavilion is part of Bahrain’s Technology Week which is running from 25th to 28th September, kicking off with the AWS Summit and concluding with the MITEF Innovation Forum, both taking place two minutes away from the Technology Week Pavilion, at the Four Seasons Hotel Bahrain Bay.
Bahrain’s Technology Week is a collaboration between the Bahrain Economic Development Board, Amazon Web Services, and the StartUp Bahrain community that aims to bring together the startup community under one roof.
We’ve come up with 11 reasons why staying at home during those few days is not a great idea and joining us at the pavilion is. Here are things you cannot afford to miss!
- You can win up to $75,000 worth of cash prizes from Tamkeen Bahrain by taking part in the “FACE-OFF ON THE BAY” pitch competition, organized by Brinc and C5 Accelerate, and to be held on 26th and 27th September. Register here if you haven’t already!
- Dreading the heat? Baskin Robbins is going to be there with their ice-cold ice cream. Other scrumptious food trucks are also going to be there including the Paddock Cafe, Sandwich Guys, Noodle Wok, and Villa Mamas.
- Meet the awesome incubators and accelerators in StartUp Bahrain including Brinc, C5 Accelerate, Rowad, CH9, Level Z, Badir, and Tenmou, and get a chance to know more about their programs.
- Batelco is providing super fast awesome high speed internet for the Bahrain Technology Week Pavillion.
- There are also super cool mysterious prizes simply by following StartUp Bahrain on Instagram and Twitter and using the #TechWeekBH hashtag in your posts!
- Meet all the companies and organizations that’ll take part in the pavilion including but not limited to Tamkeen Bahrain, E-Government, Central Bank of Bahrain, Ministry of Transportations and Telecommunications, Ministry of Industry, Commerce & Tourism, Bahrain Development Bank’s initiative Rowad, Batelco, Al Moayad Computers, UNIDO, Info Nas, One GCC, BTECH, Sales Forces, Esri, UNIDO, the BCCI ICT Committee, BIBF, Think Smart, UoB, Bahrain Polytechnic, among others.
- Network and mingle with the startups exhibiting at the pavilion. Some of these startups include Baqala, Malaeb, WNNA, and many others!
- Rowad, the Bahrain Development Bank initiative, is organizing a “Rowad Talk” to share with the audience the story behind PayFort (recently acquired by Amazon through the Souq acquisition) with none other than its CEO, Omar Al-Suadod on September 25th at 8PM.
- Want to know some cool tips to expand your startup and upgrade it to the next level? Then you should definitely come to E-Society Consulting’s workshop, to be held on September 26th, 2017.
- For the Bahrain-based gamers out there, IGN and Korean Tech Forum are hosting a gaming panel discussion just for you guys.
- Polytechnic, UoB, BIBF, and OneGCC are having a panel about “Changing Skills Requirements In a Transformative Job Market” on September 26th, 2017.
The pavilion is not the only thing there! There’s also the AWS Summit on the 25th and the MITEF Innovation Forum on the 27th and 28th, that are also filled with cool tech-related sessions.
And there are many more exciting surprises waiting for you at the Bahrain Technology Week Pavilion. We hope to see you all there!
Don’t forget to follow StartUp Bahrain on Instagram and Twitter for some awesome live coverage of the entire week.