STEP 2018, one of the largest tech festivals, is kicking off this week on 28-29 March at Dubai Internet City. With more than 6,000 techies, 4 conferences, and 250+ startups showcasing, this festival is going to be the perfect opportunity for you to connect and network with experts in the field of startups and technology, learn more about entrepreneurship, and enjoy some live entertainment with STEP Music.
This year, STEP 2018 will be hosting workshops and mentoring sessions where startup founders can have 1-on-1 meetings with a mentor of their choosing. We all know the benefits of having a mentor as they can share their experiences with you, guide you to the right path, teach you how to avoid mistakes, and the list goes on.
Curious about the mentors that are going to be there at STEP 2018? Here they are:
- Haider Al Mosawi. Haider is an educator, UX designer, and the Co-Founder of Sirdab Lab, a startup hub in Kuwait. He is also a Computer Instructor at Public Authority for Applied Education and Training, PAAET, and the Chief Experience Catalyzer at Catalyze Co.
- Daniel Dos Reis. He’s the Senior Portfolio Manager of Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority where he manages the venture capital investment portfolio. He previously worked as Director for Mobily Ventures in Saudi Arabia, where he established the venture unit and led investments in companies including Anghami, Easy Taxi, Hellofood, Fetchr, Dokkan Afar, and Task Spotting.
- Samia Hasan. She’s the Founder of Unwind the Grind – a millennial career development platform that offers an interactive and inspiring place for youth in the UAE to discuss their careers and startup ideas. She’s also the founder of Direction Dose – Career Coaching & Events, and a contributor to The Huffington Post.
- Marie Therese. She’s the Managing Partner at Flat6Labs. Marie kickstarted her career in commercial banking, where she joined HSBC Bank Egypt in 2004, and then joined Beltone Financial in 2008 as a portfolio manager. Marie then moved to NBK Capital as a fund manager to manage equity mutual funds and discretionary portfolios.
- Patrick Rogers. He’s the Co-Founder and Principal of Support Legal, a disruptive legal services platform dedicated to entrepreneurs and emerging companies. Patrick is also a Startup Mentor at 1776 in Dubai, a Venture Corps Mentor at Endeavor, and a Director at Agriprocity.
- Irina Heaver. She’s the Partner and Head of Commercial at Fichte & Co. She has over 14 years of experience in the field of corporate and commerce, including M&A disposals, corporate restructurings and governance issues, and complex joint ventures and strategic alliances. Irina regularly advises telehealth, e-commerce, RegTech and FinTech companies.
- Abed Agha. He’s the Managing Director of Vinelab, one of the leading digital media companies that enables brands to acquire and influence regional audiences through influential figures across popular culture. Abed has more than 18 years of multi-disciplinary experience in technology, media, and financial services. He was previously the Head of Sales and Marketing at Mubasher Financial Group, and the Sales Manager at Standard Chartered Bank.
- Ihsan Jawad. He’s an internet entrepreneur and a Partner at STV and Honeybee Tech Ventures, in addition to the Managing Partner at Middle East Venture Partners (MEVP). He was previously the Founder, CEO and Vice Chairman of Zawya.
And there are many more mentors that you can read all about here.
Are we going to see you there at STEP 2018? Get your tickets NOW!
Make sure you follow STEP 2018 on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook for further updates and announcements.
And don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook for the full live coverage of the event.