For those of you that are not familiar with Web Summit, it’s an annual technology conference that brings together people from across the world that are redefining the global tech industry. Web Summit is one of the largest gatherings of tech enthusiasts from around the world held in Portugal, that gathers startups, investors, and entrepreneurs from around the world.
Why is the Web Summit one of the most anticipated tech events of the year? For starters, they have one of the best line-ups of speakers! Some of the speakers include Edward Snowden, President at the Freedom of the Press Foundation, Jaden Smith, actor and Co-Founder of 501CTHREE.org and JUST Water, Manik Gupta, CPO of Uber, Julian Codorniou, Vice President of Workplace at Facebook, Jager McConnell, CEO of Crunchbase, and more!
Attending the Web Summit can be an opportunity of a lifetime, and we’re thrilled to be attending this year. We’re also going to be bringing some members of the StartUp Bahrain ecosystem with us, including accelerators, startups, and government representatives.
We’re very excited to announce the delegation that represented the Startup Bahrain ecosystem at the Web Summit. The startups were carefully selected by a committee of highly skilled and experienced professionals. Here is the StartUp Bahrain delegation who attended Web Summit:
- Majra: Majra is an online recruitment platform based on culture matching for job-seekers. They are tackling youth unemployment, and the rise of overall employee happiness at an all-time low, to provide job-seekers and employers with a better fit.
- Hayatech: Hayatech is a Software as a Service (SaaS) platform that aims to foster an ecosystem of wellness through the integration of wearables and rewards. The platform provides employers with a system that their employees can utilize to gain rewards by leading a healthier lifestyle.
- Rain: Rain is the first licensed cryptocurrency exchange by the Central Bank of Bahrain in Bahrain and the Middle East. The platform offers three cryptocurrencies to users: Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin.
- Almajlis: Almajlis is a social networking platform that bridges the gap of networking and allows users to interact with new people in an informal environment.
- Springring: A cloud-based platform that simplifies communication in schools between parents, students, teachers, and school admins. Springring creates an innovative and creative way to contact everyone in one place, reducing the hassle of miscommunication between students, teachers, and parents.
- Flat6Labs Bahrain: Flat6Labs Bahrain is a startup accelerator supported by Tamkeen, where businesses can score up to $32k in funding.
- Bahrain Economic Development Board: Bahrain’s Economic Development Board is the first port of call for any business setting up in Bahrain; they provide assistance and information you need to set up a company in the Kingdom.
- Tamkeen: Tamkeen is known as Bahrain’s Labour fund, tasked with supporting Bahrain’s private sector and positioning it as the key driver for economic growth and development.
- Kooheji Golden Gate: Kooheji Golden Gate is a family real-estate business, providing real estate development management, project management, and bespoke consultancy services.
- Bahrain Chamber of Commerce & Industry (BCCI): BCCI is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that plays a role in shaping Bahrain’s economy and strengthening the private sector.
The Bahrain-based startups attending the Web Summit are powered by Bahrain’s Labour Fund, Tamkeen. The startups will be given the opportunity to network with other startup founders across the globe, speak with investors, and establish a reputation for themselves worldwide.
Khaled Al-Alawi from Tamkeen said, “We’re planning to send these high-potential startups to the Web Summit to support them to gain exposure and share experiences with international startups, and to apply what they learned to support our ecosystem in Bahrain and to encourage innovation which is in line with Tamkeen’s mandate.”
The Web Summit is a perfect opportunity for startups to learn, network, interact, and have the experience of their lifetime! We’re very proud of the startups that will be attending, and wish them the best throughout their journey,
Make sure to follow StartUp Bahrain on Instagram to keep up with our live coverage during the much-anticipated event!