This March is going to blow your mind! StartUp Bahrain Week, a collaboration between the Bahrain Economic Development Board (EDB) and StartUp Bahrain, will bring you the region’s most unexpected startup events.
Six days of action, five exciting events, four different competitions, and more than thirty inspiring speakers. Each happening at a unique location in Bahrain, from the heritage houses in Muharraq, to the heart of Manama, and on the track of the Bahrain International Circuit. This is a week that you cannot miss!
So let’s explore what events are taking place in March, as we are going to be your tour guides throughout this feature.
- Bahrain will host its very first unbound innovation festival, which will create a new urban experience and reinvigorate the dynamic ecosystem. The two-day event is launched in partnership with the EDB and supported by StartUp Bahrain. 30+ influential speakers will be seen there including, Mark Adams, SVP and Head of Innovation at VICE Media UK; Benjamin Ampen, Revenue & General Manager of MENA at Twitter; Craig Smith, CEO of Dhahran Techno Valley Company; Brian Brackeen, CEO at Kairos and many more. Several panel discussion will take place, led by industry leaders. 50 innovative startups will exhibit, including Drie, The Stories Studio, Careem, WNNA, Davva, Loop along other regional and local startups. And 2 exciting competitions will take place! FACE OFF ON THE TRACK which will focus on early or late stage startups who will pitch for 2 minutes in front of an audience of regional investors, and HACK @ THE TRACK, where contestants are challenged to build a solution that embraces digital payments for a chance to win USD $20,000. Get your tickets for unbound.
When: March 7-8, 2018 Where: Bahrain International Circuit
- The week is starting off with GCC Game Conference, Bahrain’s first ever game development conference, which will be held after the GCC Game Jam. Organized by INFINITEWARE with the help of Bahrain Polytechnic, the conference is an event by the game developers tailored to all the game developers in the GCC. It will feature several respected game developers from around the region giving talks on topics like art, engineering, programming, design, ethics and the business of making games, which caters to a wide spectrum of audience. What are you waiting for, visit their website here!
When: March 3, 2018 Where: Bahrain Polytechnic
- Rowad are famous for their brilliant Rowad Talks and this one is no exception. Because during StartUp Bahrain Week Rowad will host Elie Habib the co-founder of Anghami – the leading music streaming service in the Middle East with over 55 million users, streaming over to 800 million songs every month. And Walid Mansour who is the Managing Partner & Chief Investment Officer at Middle East Venture Partners.
When: March 4, 2018 Where: Alto, Downtown Rotana
- Think outside the box with My startup Bootcamp, and join this two-day boot camp, organized by CH9 and YoStartups, where it aims to provide aspiring startups an intensive and complete overview of what it takes to succeed as an entrepreneur! Participants are equipped with the necessary tools for success, through teaching them how to define their business ideas, target the right customer, successfully transition the idea into a solid business, sustain innovation in the later stages of the business, and eventually, the one thing that most people fear, pitch to investors in order to scale. Don’t miss your chance! Apply today, and join the bootcamp.
When: March 4-5, 2018 Where: CH9 office, Amwaj
- Ever wondered how Amazon innovates? Want to know how even though it’s a huge organization, they still think like a startup? Ben Butler is joining us from AWS at the next Startup Evenings by Startup MGZN. He’s the global leader for technical content for the World Wide Public Sector (WWPS) Global Customer Innovation Centers and Accelerators at Amazon Web Services (AWS). During the evening, we’ll get to know what makes Amazon unique in the way it operates and how it’s not so different from a small startup. Ben will also share what AWS provides for startups in the StartUp Bahrain ecosystem.
The talk will be followed by a discussion with the audience where Ben will answer all your questions. Register here, limited seating!
When: March 5, 2018 Where: Auditorium, Arcapita, Bahrain Bay, Kingdom of Bahrain
- Follow The Leaders as the international conferences cycle by THINKERS & DOERS, is coming to Bahrain with a full day of panel discussions, sessions, inspiring talks, debates, workshops, masterclasses, and prizes for best startups. The event will have speakers like Osman Sultan, CEO of DU; Fawaz H. Zu’bi, Chairman & CEO at Silicon Badia Global, Pamella De Leon, Startup Editor at Entrepreneur, and many names! Under the theme of ‘Boosting the startup ecosystem in Bahrain: a hub for entrepreneurs and investors’, corporate representatives, entrepreneurs, startups, and policymakers will all gather to meet this new committed generation of leaders and exchange ideas on how to accelerate their impact. Boost your startup and register today!
When: March 6, 2018 Where: Heritage Houses in Muharraq
How excited are you? Tomorrow is the first day of March and we can’t wait for the week to kick-off! Not every week you get a chance to experience such events, speakers, and like-minded individuals. Mark your calendars, grab one of your buddies —or make one at one of these events— and enjoy StartUp Bahrain Week.
And make sure you follow us on our Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn for some awesome live coverage of all the events taking place during StartUp Bahrain Week – including unbound Bahrain! You can also visit www.startupbahrainweek.com to learn more about what’s happening during StartUp Bahrain Week, and keep an eye on #StartUpBahrainWeek to track the latest developments.