It’s almost March, do you know what that means? It’s nearly StartUp Bahrain Week! Held under the patronage of HRH Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince, Deputy Supreme Commander, Chairman of the Economic Development Board (EDB), StartUp Bahrain Week will be back in March for the second edition. This is going to be a week that you do NOT want to miss out on.
Why should you get excited? We’re happy you asked, because not only will you witness the biggest gathering of startups and innovators in Bahrain, hear from our inspirational speakers, get the chance to network with entrepreneurs, investors, and government representatives. But also, be immersed in Bahrain’s startup ecosystem , learn from successful companies, and expand your mind to think creatively about innovation and technology!
StartUp Bahrain Week will definitely be one of the most important weeks out of the year for you if you want to learn more about how to grow as a startup, and gain insight from investors, entrepreneurs, and CEOs.
To get you as excited as we are, here are some of the major events that you should not miss out on:
- Unbound Bahrain: Back in Bahrain for the second year, Unbound is an innovation festival that covers some of MENA’s most innovative startups. It brings together startups, entrepreneurs, government, corporate, and innovators to engage in innovation and discover new technologies that can change the world. Don’t forget to use your code startupbah100 to get your free ticket to the festival.
When: March 6-7, 2019. 9 am – 5 pm. Where: Bahrain National Theatre
- Bahrain Deep Tech Program:A three-day boot camp with researchers, entrepreneurs and doctoral scientists showcasing cutting-edge technologies and how to turn those into commercial business opportunities.
When: March 3-5, 2019. 9:30 am – 5:30 pm. Where: Sheraton Hotel
- Unreasonable Thinking Summit: What do a South African author, Ugandan activist, Peruvian social entrepreneur and Bahraini businessman have in common?Find out in a two-day forum on innovation and disruption designed to push the audience towards out-of-the-box thinking. The aim is to educate and inspire Bahraini entrepreneurs, specifical startups about creativity, innovation, and excellence.
When: March 3-4, 2019. 10 am – 5 pm. Where: Art Rotana, Amwaj
- Flat6Labs Demo Day: Flat6Labs Bahrain is holding its Second Demo Day, where 8 exceptional startups from its second cycle, will be presenting their businesses, culminating four months of hard work developing their business models, building prototypes and acquiring customers to an audience of investors, government agencies and business leaders that could lead to potential new investments.
When: March 6, 2019. 6 pm – 9 pm. Where: Bahrain National Theatre
- StartUp Bahrain Ecosystem Tour: Bahrain will host startups from all over the globe at the StartUp Bahrain Ecosystem Tour to meet the StartUp Bahrain ecosystem, the Bahrain Economic Development Board, Tamkeen Bahrain, and many more. If you’re interested in joining, shoot us an email at email@example.com.
When: March 5, 2019. 10 am – 5 pm. Where: Various locations
Mark your calendars for all of these events and more, bring along a friend or three and get ready to experience the most exciting week when it comes to startups in Bahrain! We hope to see you all there and are excited to meet all the innovative startups in Bahrain and the region.
Make sure you follow us on Instagram for live coverage of all the events taking place during StartUp Bahrain Week. You can visit www.startupbahrain.com/week to learn more and to register for the events during the week. See you there!