Buckle up for Bahrain’s Technology Week, next week. The most activity-packed week for startups and technology companies, full of education, prizes, and community events.
The Technology Pavilion activities start on September 25th until the 28th, kicked off by the AWS Summit and concluded by the MITEF Innovation Forum, both taking place two minutes away, at the Bahrain Four Seasons. The summit will bring together the cloud computing community to connect, collaborate and learn more about AWS in Bahrain, for the first time in the Middle East. Attendees will be spending a full-day with AWS experts to learn how Amazon’s customers are innovating and growing their businesses through AWS.
The Bahrain Technology Week Pavilion is a collaboration between the Bahrain Economic Development Board (EDB), Amazon Web Services (AWS), and the StartUp Bahrain community. Throughout the awesome activity-packed week, the pavilion will host activities including panel discussions, pitch competitions, discussions over breakfast, inspiring talks, and great networking opportunities.
That’s not all! The StartUp Bahrain community got together and collaborated to put together the best Technology Week for Bahrain’s companies and startups. It’s impressive and inspiring what the community can do when working together.
Here’s everything you shouldn’t miss from the contributors at the Technology Week Pavilion:
- Tamkeen Bahrain is giving out a whopping of $75,000 worth of cash prizes for the “FACE-OFF ON THE BAY” pitch competition that’s going to be held on the 26th and 27th of September. Register here if you haven’t already!
- The “FACE-OFF ON THE BAY” competition is being organized by Brinc, a global IOT accelerator in Bahrain, and C5 Accelerate, a technology innovation firm, and an architect of the Cloud10 Scalerator program.
- Accelerators and incubators are coming together at thee Technology Week Pavillion’s StartUp Bahrain Pavilion, including Brinc, Level Z, Tenmou, Rowad, CH9 and C5 Accelerate, to name a few.
- Government organizations and entities will be present at the Government Pavilion, including the E-Government, Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism, Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications, Tamkeen Bahrain, Central Bank of Bahrain, and the BCCI ICT Committee.
- There are other awesome exhibitors that will also be there for you to chat with throughout the week, including BTECH, Sales Force, Badir, UNIDO, BIBF, ThinkSmart, University of Bahrain, Bahrain Polytechnic, Info Nas, Esri, Almoayed Computers, OneGCC among others.
- AWS is generously giving out 1,000 credits of their cloud services to all the participants of the “FACE-OFF ON THE BAY” competition, and 10,000 credits to all those that qualify for the second heat of the competition.
- Rowad, the Bahrain Development Bank initiative, is organizing a “Rowad Talk” to gather an audience to listen to the story behind PayFort (recently acquired by Amazon through the Souq acquisition) with none other than its CEO, Omar Al-Suadodi.
- Delicious Bahraini food trucks outside the main pavilion will be ready to serve! You’ll be spoiled for choice with options including the Paddock Lounge from the Bahrain International Circuit, ice-cold ice cream from Baskin Robbins, mouth-watering sandwiches and burgers from Sandwich Guys, fresh and delicious noodles from Noodle Wok, and finally, Villa Mama’s.
- A panel discussion with Bahrain Polytechnic, University of Bahrain, BIBF, ThinkSmart, Global Knowledge, and OneGCC, discussing “Changing Skills Requirements In A Transformative Job Market” on September 26th, 2017.
- A breakfast conversation on “Women In Tech”, organized by C5 Accelerate and AWS.
- Startup MGZN is providing live coverage of the events throughout Technology Week on the @startupbahrain account(s). Don’t forget to join the conversation and follow StartUp Bahrain on Instagram for live coverage. Oh, and use the #TechWeekBH hashtag in your posts. Who knows, one of our lucky followers might get a chance to win an awesome device from Batelco!
- Batelco is offering high speed internet to the pavilion’s attendees as well as cool devices for the followers of the @startupbahrain account on Instagram!
- A workshop by E-Society Consulting where they’re going to let you in on some hot secret tips to scale your startup and upgrade it to the next level.
- Also, you wouldn’t want to miss a workshop that’s going to be conducted by AWS, Central Bank of Bahrain and Financial Services institutions.
- A panel discussion about startups will include Brinc, C5 Accelerate, CH9, Tamkeen Bahrain, EDB and Rowad on September 26th, 2017.
- A Gaming Panel Discussion by IGN & Korean Tech Forum, the perfect platform for gamers and tech geeks to discuss their excitement and nostalgia over the new Crash Bandicoot that was recently released in 2017.
- Mohammed Al-Tawash, Co-Founder of CH9, and Shaikh Abdulla Al Khalifa, Director Corporate Communications & Investor Relations at Zain Bahrain, are going to be amongst the judges of the “FACE-OFF ON THE BAY” pitch competition.
- And you don’t have to worry about rides because Careem is providing discounted rides to the Technology Week Pavilion using the code “startupbahrain”!
- Grind, along with Canteen, will have a presence to ensure that you remain awake and nourished throughout the entire duration of the event.
Are you interested in contributing to the Technology Week Pavillion? Then contact email@example.com.
And don’t forget to follow StartUp Bahrain on Twitter and Instagram for live and full coverage of four days of awesome activities.