If you are still waiting to send in your application for TechCrunch’s Startup Battlefield MENA 2018, beware, time is running out. Only one week to go before the application window is closed on July 17, 2018.
If you are still not sure if participating in the premier startup competition is worth it for you and your budding business, let’s have a look at all the perks the winners of this year’s Startup Battlefield MENA will receive:
- A no-equity cash reward of $25,000
- A place at the Startup Battlefield during the TechCrunch Disrupt conference in 2019 (additional criteria applicable)
- Exposure in the global startup arena
- Possible hook up with investors, mentors, and potential business partners
Sound good? Great! Now, the important question you should ask yourself is whether or not you qualify to compete at the event. Well, here is the criteria you need to fulfill to secure a spot at Startup Battlefield 2018:
- Participating startups must be in the so-called “launch” stage
- Only early-stage startups from the following countries are eligible to participate (alphabetically): Algeria, Armenia, Bahrain, Egypt, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestinian Territories, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, and Yemen.
- All participating startups must have a fully-working product (or beta), which is reasonably close to entering production.
- There must not be any known intellectual property conflicts.
- The applicant should have little to no media publicity and exposure.
TechCrunch will host the Startup Battlefield MENA 2018 at Lebanon’s Beirut Digital District on Oct 3, 2018.
You can visit the official event page for further info and the online application.