Calling all dreamers, thinkers, and doers. This March StartUp Bahrain Week is happening, on the 3rd to the 8th. As part of this, unbound, in partnership with the Bahrain Economic Development Board and supported by StartUp Bahrain, brings its globally established, award-winning innovation festival to Bahrain, celebrating the Kingdom’s commitment to fuelling a digital economy on the 7th-8th.
In order to encourage entrepreneurs from the Kingdom and across the region, two different competitions will take place in unbound Bahrain.
- Hack @ The Track: Organized by American Express Middle East and powered by AngelHack, contestants are challenged to build a solution that encourages and embraces digital payments through making it more appealing, accessible and relevant.
- FACE OFF ON THE TRACK: This will see early or late stage startups pitching on the main stage for two minutes in front of an audience of investors from the MENA region (who you can also make yourself known to by exhibiting at unbound – find out more reasons why you should here).
So, if you are a software developer who can design and find solutions, then join in and compete with 20 other teams to find the solution to digital payments at Hack @ The Track.
- Each team needs to consist of up to 5 participants, and all team members must complete the participation agreement.
- Teams have full ownership of everything they build at the event and are free to do with it as they wish.
- Each submission will be scored in each round based on its simplicity, creativity, impact, and design.
- Winning teams will be subject to a code-review at some point following the event or immediately before winning.
- Remember, you can’t build on top of previous projects if you want to win!
If you’ve read the title then you know by now that the first place winner gets USD $20,000. First and second runner up teams will also receive a cash prize! The 1st runner up will receive USD $10,000, and USD $5,000 for the second runner up.
This is your time to make digital payments more appealing, accessible and relevant. So how can you take part in this? It’s simple! Find your team, fill in your details here, and hack through the night at Hack @ The Track!