A week that’s packed with activities and startup related events? Yes, you’ve heard right. From 25th to 28th September at the Four Seasons Hotel Bahrain Bay, you’ll be kept on your toes. Entrepreneurs and the startup community will be able to attend the AWS Summit, the Technology Week Pavilion, and wrap up the festivities with the MITEF Innovation Forum on the 27th and 28th of September. Register for the event here!
The MITEF Innovation Forum is being held in partnership with the Bahrain Economic Development Board and InvestCorp. The forum will be filled with local and global leaders who will be participating on the panel discussions and talks. The forum will include talks covering FinTech, self-driving cars, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity and cloud computing.
Wondering why you should be attending the forum? Well, here’s a list of X awesome things that are going to happen at the MITEF Innovation Forum and why you should certainly not miss out:
- Hear firsthand from local and global expert speakers in the field of technology, cybersecurity and entrepreneurship, such as Remy Kesrouani, Partner at Calibrate Management Ltd, Hala Fadel, Chair of MIT Enterprise Forum Pan Arab & Managing Partner at Leap Ventures, and Mark Haider, CEO of Vinli, to name a few.
- You will get a chance to mingle with high-ranking officials, CEOs of big companies and senior executives, including Martin Wulfert, Operating Executive at InvestCorp, Richard Cremona, CEO of OpSec Security Inc., Nicolas Olivier, CEO of Carfit Corporation, and many more.
- A cybersecurity talk by Najwa Aaraj, CyberSecurity Specialist and Senior Vice President of Special Projects at Dark Matter LLC, titled “Beyond Quantum: Securing Your Systems For Tomorrow.”
- A cybersecurity panel discussion by Martin Wülfert, Operating Executive at InvestCorp, Richard Cremona, CEO of OpSec Security Inc., Najwa Aaraj, CyberSecurity Specialist and Senior Vice President of Special Projects at Dark Matter LLC, and Gilbert Kamieniecky, Managing Director of InvestCorp, where you get to learn some hands-on practical tips on how to protect your brand, product and data while it’s online and offline.
- Aren’t we all curious about whether artificial intelligence is really going to take over our lives for good? Well now’s your chance to find out at the panel discussion about autonomous driving and whether machines will finally be able to drive our cars for us.
- For cloud enthusiasts, there’s going to be a fireside chat by Glibert Kamieniecky, Managing Director at InvestCorp, and Julian Box, CEO & Founder of Calligo, about the challenges medium sized companies can face with cloud data.
- There’s also going to be a panel discussion by Remy Kesrouani, Partner at Calibrate Management Ltd, and Safwan Shah, President and CEO of PayActiv, about how FinTech is redefining asset management.
- Intrigued by Blockchain? Well now’s your chance to know more about it by attending two Blockchain related events: the talk and panel discussion by Anand Radhakrishnan, Chief Investment Officer at Franklin Templeton, Adam Vaziri, a blockchain lawyer and the Director at Diacle, and Hadi Kabalan, Managing Director at EMEA & Americas at Otonomos.
- And, wrapping up the sessions, there will be a panel discussion for the StartUp Bahrain community out there: Lessons learned from startup accelerators and the challenges facing tech startups in the region.
- Finally, It’s going to be held at the Four Seasons Hotel Bahrain Bay – a place that overlooks the island’s beautiful skyline. One simply can’t say no to such an amazing view.
Oh, and that’s not all! After the forum, the Technology Week Pavilion will be up and running throughout the entire week from 25th to 28th September from 6PM to 9PM. It’s going to be packed with exciting activities and surprises for the StartUp Bahrain community. So once the forum is over, you can come check out the pavilion and win some cool prizes! Who knows, you can win up to $50,000 from Tamkeen Bahrain and get an all-paid trip to Web Summit Lisbon!
We’re super pumped for the MITEF Innovation Forum, are you? Follow StartUp Bahrain on Instagram and Twitter for the live coverage of the entire event, and don’t forget to use the #TechWeekBH hashtag in your posts to get a chance to win awesome prizes from Batelco.
What are you waiting for? Hurry up and book your seat, the forum has received over a thousand registrations already, and you definitely don’t want to miss out!