Are you a startup looking for funding? It can be rough sometimes, we empathize. That’s why we bring you some really exciting news: read on to know all about it.
STEP Conference, one of the most experimental tech festivals is coming back and it has some MASSIVE activities planned out for you. With more than 6,000 attendees, 250+ startups showcasing, and 4 conferences, you can say goodbye to boredom. Did you apply to showcase your startup? HURRY UP! Showcasing startups will get 2 tickets for the price of 1, with access to all the 4 STEP conferences AND a FREE branded booth for Day 1.
STEP 2018 will be held on 28-29 March at Dubai Internet City. This year, STEP is bringing a number of prominent investors and capital venture firms. Yep, you read that right – prepare your pitches right now if you want to get some of that cash flowing into your startup.
Wondering who those VCs are? Here’s a glimpse:
- Wamda. Wamda Capital is the MENA region’s leading venture capital firm where it invests in transformational and exceptional entrepreneurs. It specializes in seed, growth and early-stage startups, and invests in both technology and non-technology companies. Some of the startups that Wamda Capital invested in includes Careem, Jamalon, Yallacompare, Mumzworld, Boxit and many more you can find here.
- Beco Capital. Beco Capital provides growth capital and hands-on operational support for early-stage technology companies in the MENA region. The company helps small startups with growth capital and hands-on operational mentorship in their early stage of development. Beco’s portfolio includes SellAnyCar.com, Myki, Shedul, Bayzat, and a lot more.
- Middle East Venture Partners (MEVP). MEVP is a Middle East-focused venture capital firm that invests in the early and growth stages of innovative companies run by talented entrepreneurs. With more than $220 million in assets under management, MEVP is the largest and most established VC firm in this region. MEVP has invested in a number of startups including Anghami, Eventtus, Laimoon, Falafel Games and many more.
- Iliad Partners. Based in Dubai, Iliad is a venture capital firm that invests in early-stage technology startups in the MENA. Their main focus is on Series A and B and making investments in disruptive startups. The Iliad team provides hands-on operational and business development support, in addition to access to the Iliad regional and global network.
- Womena. A platform that aims to support MENA’s entrepreneurship ecosystem by empowering female investors and entrepreneurs. The platform is fully dedicated to encouraging gender diversity and inclusion in the regional entrepreneurship ecosystem. Womena recently launched their 4 months Womentum Accelerator Program that will offer virtual membership and immersive sessions in Dubai and Berlin.
- VentureSouq (VSQ). VentureSouq is a GCC-based venture investing platform that strives towards democratizing capital by enabling individuals to invest in high-growth technology companies globally. VSQ has an investor network of over 1,000 angels and institutions across the GCC, and has made over 30 investments, including Fetchr, Souqalmal, reddit, and Piggy to name a few.
But these are not all – there are many more investors that are going to come to STEP 2018 in search for the next disruptive startup to inject their money in. Are you one of them?
If we were in your shoes we’d immediately head over to STEP 2018’s website and apply to showcase our startup.
Not a startup but still want to attend? You can get your tickets DISCOUNTED here!